Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Introducing the creator: Jeff Williams

 

J. Noir - "J" being the first letter in my name and "Noir" is French for the word black. Put together, J. Noir represents a young black male that came from a family that would be considered part of the "lower socio-economic" culture in America. It represents my constant struggle to stay above all obstacles and maintain focus.  Having said that, I am currently at the midpoint of my academic career at an accredited university. This experience is preparing me for corporate America, and my clothing line will be a mirrored image of my life. J.Noir represents the matriculation of a black male starting from the bottom who is doubted by not only individuals but society as well. I refuse to call the line "J.Black" simply because I wanted to deviate from what society expects from today's black male...simplicity.  Therefore, I sought to find a word that not only represented myself, but personified my style as well as my clothing.  It was then that I decided to search the elegant and beautiful speakings of the French culture, and found the perfect translation for the word "black"-- Noir. J. Noir not only tells the story of a young black professional in America, but it tells the story of how style and sophistication meet in urban society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter